View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
countmeworthy

Default Re: Abuse from Christianity toward saints in a local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post

Did God judge the LSM, WL and the local churches? I do believe so. Was it because of WL saying "Poor Poor Christianity?" I doubt it. Much of Christianity is pretty much of a waste land.
Hope,
Yes. I too believe God judged the LC and Yes, it is equally true much of Christianity was a waste land but Lee's problem is the sin of PRIDE...being better than everyone else because he thought he had it all figured out. He puffed up the saints with his vision and his brand of doing things. His brand was not necessarily wrong. It was refreshing to go to meetings that did not resemble the same ole' church routine. Our Praise/Worship singing was living. We were living...at least in the meetings. Who knows how many true saints were truly living outside the walls of the meeting halls !? The messages were also refreshing. To me everything was NEW. I went from being a Catholic to being an LCr. I didn't know anything else.

I believe God removed the lampstand because:
1) the Lee and the LC became more important than GOD Himself.

2) they prided themselves in snubbing and looking down at 'poor-poor Christianity' instead of giving them a drink of Fresh water and giving them Manna from heaven and a morsel of the Bread of Life.

3) The messages became stale food after a few years. They turned into recycled messages..broken records...no newness of LIFE in Christ Jesus..and still are !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!
What many of us did instead was TELL them what was WRONG with their way of doing things !!!

That is my personal opinion why the LC died.
GOD HAVE MERCY on them !! AND GOD HAVE MERCY ON US that we don't become like them now that we Have seen the LIGHT !!

Quote:
1 Thess 5:20-22, 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;abstain from every form of evil. NASB
P.S. I fixed your quote Hope...HOPE you didn't mind
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote