View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #18
Freedom

Default Re: How do I know if I found the one true church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
It's not slanderous if it's true. We only have to look at the number of denominations and individual churches accepting of gay marriage for example to see how they are utilized by Satan.
There you go again, throwing in another red herring. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the LC does also have gay members. I can think of several just in the area I am from, most of whom are likely still current members. So regardless of your position on that issue, if you are going to use that as an identifier of 'degradation' then you are obligated to hold the LCM to your same standard. But that isn't really the issue is it? You're just picking an issue in attempt to make the LCM look superior.

Of course, all of this is beside the point. As has been stated time and time again, what WL criticized when he was alive is not what is in front of us today. Times have changed, Christianity faces its own issues, and the churches and denominations do not necessarily function in the same way as in the past. So even if WL had valid criticism of Christianity, how can you be so sure that such criticism is still relevant today? Why do you pick contemporary issues in order to try to defend things WL said many years ago?
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote