View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #58
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Sad Funny Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Z View Post
' kind words of advice '

Curious on LCD : I will also add the following to those leaving or recently left the LC:

* Most who have been damaged and wounded in their ‘personhood’s from within the LC need to withdraw and heal first. Let others shelter you while you take the time to heal and gain distance from the past. Let others speak up on your behalf till you feel you are ready. This forum is doing that for you, and others, God has organized this so your grievances have a voice. Don’t lash out in anger as they will have you then. Be aware of your emotional vulnerability, if you have been significantly hurt, (and you may not realise the full extent of that straight away).
This was my experience too. While I know God brought me to the LC in Berkeley back in the early 80s and then to the LCs in southern Ohio in the 80s, I know He also brought me out of the whole thing too. When I left Columbus in 1988 we stopped meeting with the LCs, because I got a job that transferred me to the middle of the California Mojave desert. There was a LC in Victorville CA then, about 90 miles away, but I had no heart to be with them. So from 1988 to 1998, I think I was being dried out (while mainly pursuing career). Eventually, at the end of that period, I was quite desperate and open to the idea that there was something of God outside of the LC. That's when He began to show me His love was the source of all He does.

So I don't know that He has to dry everyone out after an LC experience, but that's what He did with me!