View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #219
Trapped

Default One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Trapped,

There are no alumni in my analogy. It's an active campus. We are here until the Lord returns.. there are few graduates in this life,.. Paul indicated he was, martyrs I'm sure are too, etc. As long as we are on this earth we are not graduates for the most part.

Analogies eventually break down but this one still has legs so I'll keep going with it...

Faculty may teach in different colleges as well as have administration duties for the university that are different from their teaching or other duties.. Yet, they are all part of one University. The faculty and the students all have one common mission and there are practices and codes and procedures and norms and rules and etc.

Here's are the dots... if you look at everything this ministry is involved in, the many "colleges" dedicated to a specific purpose, its stated purpose to "higher education" more generally, and the serving ones who carry out the mission of the "university" then it is a whole..... and the whole is greater than the sum of pieces. Whether it is the carrying out of the mission through the many pieces (LSM the publishing arm and the trainings and conferences, DCP, Bibles for America, Bibles for "country", Affirmation & Critique, Lord's Move in Europe, Life-study of the Bible broadcast, etc.) by the many serving ones (blended brothers and others who have consecrated their time and effort), or the hundreds of thousands (students in analogy) whom the Lord has called to this way it is a singular.

Breaking it down is like trying to define the "American Way of Life" by its parts and judging the whole based on what you find in the parts. "How can the part speak for the whole?". So I think, whereas the comments made on the One Publication document are signed by "faculty".. it represents the sentiment of the whole body involved in the university and all the colleges. Technically speaking, not being cute at all, only the signatories own the content of the document. However, in general, I believe it expresses the sentiment of all the pieces, parts, people, etc.

Why isn't that okay with you, Trapped?

Drake

The analogy is poor and doesn't provide additional benefit above just talking about the actual entities/parties themselves using their actual descriptions.

What does "one publication work in the Lord's recovery" mean, Drake?
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote