Thread: Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #19
Ohio

Default Re: Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeitherFirstnorLast View Post

Does the Lord want a Third Temple? Christ told us the Body is the Temple; not a building. Christ Himself was the perfect Sacrifice that put an end to all of the sacrifices... will God the Father honor a Third Temple that replaces Christ with old types and figures? A Temple that rejects God the Son, and denies Christ Himself? Is the Abomination of Desolation spoken of in the Holy Place really a monstrous thing that will happen in a Third Temple, or could this mean something else entirely?

I'm not saying I have the answer to that question, but I say it's a question that begs an answer...
I would have to answer "yes" to this question, for a couple reasons. Firstly, the scripture speaks of it prophetically as ZNP has noted. Also, God's covenant to Abraham is in two parts, one heavenly (stars in heaven) and one earthly (sand on shore.)

Soon, I believe, the "time of the Gentiles" will elapse, and Israel will have their "time" once again. The Third Temple will reject His Son initially until He returns, and then they will "look on Him whom they have pierced." Israel will repent when they see Him again, seeing the signs and wonders which will then occur. God will thus be faithful to all his promises of old.

I do believe that the millennial kingdom will have both earthly and heavenly temples, God completing his "parallel" works throughout man's history. The earthly explaining the heavenly. Israel will then teach the nations how to worship God. I do believe that the situation of the future will be far more complicated than many teachers portray, i.e. just "heaven and hell."