View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #510
Indiana

Default Leaders of the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewManLiving View Post
Our brother Lin claims to have written his book under the anointing, guidance and constraint of the Holy Spirit. Our brother Lee also claims to have been before the Lord before writing his slanderous book; Fermentation Of The Present Rebellion. I personally would be under great trembling and fear of ever dragging the Spirit Of TRUTH into an endless pit of self-serving LIES. They may speak about High Truth, but they do not practice the Truth

Concerning the lawsuit, it was a longtime Local Church brother who advised me to get an attorney. This was after 10 years of brothers' misrepresenting me, and the truth in my writings. I had no thought like this previously but entertained the idea of filing a lawsuit myself and I decided to go ahead. I had one objective in mind: to get them to take me and my writings seriously and come into fellowship over them . After 4 months I basically let them go and the judge officially ended it when I did not press further. I saw enough and they had opportunity enough to come out of the legal realm and face me in meaningful dialogue and fellowship, which they had no mind to do and still do not.

The following is from the last part of a letter to another brother who had once been close to me.

Steve Isitt

After a thorough examination of our church history and appealing to leaders regarding my findings, I found that our leadership is not interested in accounting for past mistakes; but have chosen instead to condemn me for what I have found and brought forward for fellowship.

Lawsuit

url]http://www.twoturmoils.com/COMPLAINTFeb24.pdf[/url]

I wrote this in 2010 - the lawsuit was in 2011
When doing a search on my name, Steve Isitt, recently (2010), immediately one very positive document appeared toward the top, My Experience in the Local Churches; and one negative one appeared at the very top, Ron Kangas’ public word from Ecuador declaring to leaders in South America that I was a “man of death” and “one of the most evil speakers on the internet”. I called his home to discuss this public speaking with him and I left a message for him to give me a call. There was no return call.

I then wrote him a letter expressing my desire to speak with him and waited for his response. None came. I had heard also about the public speaking of another leader who referred to me as a “wolf among lambs” (SR from Bellevue in a conf in New Zealand), and also that I was “the embodiment of the accuser of the brethren”. This same leader over a ten-year period had been telling saints in Bellevue in groups or one on one conversations that I had “slanderous” websites up on the internet and forum posts that “slander” several leaders in the churches.

In July 2010, when he spoke these things to a church member, Jerry Mueckl, I received an email from Jerry denouncing me and my websites. I then shared this email with a Local Church brother, who advised me to get an attorney, since he knew the ten-year history of Local Church leaders’ resistance to the truth in my writings and the unwillingness they had to come to a table of fellowship. He also knew of the propensity among leaders and saints toward “condemnation before investigation”, as exemplified in Jerry Mueckl’s email.

Jerry Mueckl

"I asked Sherman about you and your history in the church in this area. I was appalled to find out that you have not only written one book (which I knew about but never read), but also that you maintain two websites full of slander regarding the Lord’s Recovery, and specifically regarding at least eight coworkers and several elders.

Hearing about evidence such as a nearly two inch stack of emails that you wrote regarding Joel Kennon, and the fact that you maintain much contact with ones who oppose the Lord’s Recovery such as John Ingalls, leaves me no alternative but to discontinue my contact with you.

Regardless of what new ones you want to introduce to me, there is no way I can have fellowship with you. Your behavior is divisive, and you have not shown any willingness to repent. If you reply that these facts are not true, then I’ll only believe that after you’ve taken down your slanderous web sites and come face to face with Sherman and Joel and the other elders in Seattle and Bellevue and retract the materials you have written.

You told me that you want to be allowed to fellowship with the church in Bellevue, yet your actions tell another story. I have given the Lord and His Recovery thirty seven years of my life, and there is no other life I desire to live. Don’t bother sending me any more emails. I’m just going to delete them anyways. "
Jerry Mueckl

Jerry admitted that he had not read much of my writings before sending me that email. When we again met – sovereignly - four months later, I confronted him about his email. He had read some of my material and within minutes offered an apology to me for his rush to judgment in his email, and said, “I don’t know; I just don’t know”. That is true. Without thorough investigation, no one, including the leaders know.

(Tony Chee and Jerry Mueckl were the two brothers at the 50th birthday gathering, Dec 2010.)

Still your brother in Christ,
Steve Isitt June 16, 2013
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote