View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #135
awareness

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
The early 70s was an era of grandiose in motorhomes. If it had not been for the oil embargo running the price of gasoline up so quickly, they might have sold a bunch of them. In that respect, I cannot say that the venture was simply doomed. But one of the serious risks came true in spades.

I saw one of them arrive in Dallas from Anaheim. It was really nice. Of course the motor dieseled right there in the driveway when the engine was turned off. Problem of older-style V-8s with the wrong gas.
The one in the pictures had brass fixtures. Didn't they make one with real gold plated fixtures. At least that is what I was told. It may have just been in the pitch to gain more investment from the saints. In fact, as I heard it, there was no motor home that could come close to the Daystar Motor Home. And it was going to be a smashing sure-thing success. But I do think that was a scripted pitch, for money. Sort of like the pitch I keep getting from Hank Hanegraaff, of Christian Research Institute (We Were Wrong fame).

Lee is not the only one that believed that sheep had to be fleeced. Hank keeps his sheep-shears sharp at all times. I don't know who is worse ; Christians that take other Christians, or, Christian who allow themselves to be taken. Both shame Jesus ... and make being born again unattractive.

How come the most Christian nation on the earth is the most materialistic? Is that the way the sermon on the mount says to be? Who, really, lives the Bible?

And by the way. The 440 was a great engine, but the Daystar, because of its weight, should have been made with a diesel engine. That's just more evidence that the Daystar business was a delusion on Lee's part.

Lee was delusional. We can see that now. For that reason everything about Lee should be questioned and rejected. But depending on the level of investment, which is usually 'all in,' getting the Lee delusion out once in is almost impossible. I'm still digging out pieces of it after decades.

For this reason I'm deeply moved for those that are leaving the LC today. Leaving is not as easy as just walking away. There's years of recovery to go thru. We need to recover from the Recovery.