View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #77
aron

Default A summing up

To encapsulate: the "I" of Jeremiah's "Thy words were found and I did eat them" is not the NT believer who is pray-reading but Jesus who is obeying, if we look at his "My food is to do the Father's will" (John 4:24).

Jesus is the Obedient Son. "I come to do thy will, O God - behold in the scroll of the book is written concerning me". See also Luke 24:44 - Jesus is either megalomaniac and madman, or Messiah (the resurrection affirms the latter). In both verses above it's the doing that's stressed. "Be doers of the word, not hearers (pray-readers and message-listeners)."

Now, as the Second Moses (Deut 18:15; Acts 7:37), he commands to obey him, and feed his sheep. Since he already taught to give to those who could not repay, maybe this meant to feed the poor. Like, real physical food to destitute people. In the Acts and Paul's epistles this seems to be the apostles' focus.

Remember that back then there was no Social Service or Public Welfare programme. If you didn't have, you begged or you starved, or were enslaved. For Paul's repeated stress, see 1 Cor 16:1-4; 2 Cor 8:1- 9:15; Rom 15:14-32; also Gal 2:10 and Acts 24:17 - "Then after several years I returned to bring alms to the poor".

Nothing of pray-reading as 'spiritual eating'. Certainly not the "central lane of the divine economy" in the NT as the current LSM President tried to tell us from the dais.