View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #153
Drake

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
First of all Drake, you apparently are a member of a group that has desperately sought to be considered "a clear legitimate bonafide member of Christianity" for a number of years now. (Thankfully without much success)...
UntoHim,

I brought the topic up to discuss Brother Lee's belief and characterization "poor poor Christianity" because it has been mentioned as a point of criticism in this forum. Yet, from the first time I heard Brother Lee make that statement I could easily scroll through the rolodex of my christian experience and think of many examples of exactly what he meant. As I said in the base note, not every Christian group fits the characterization but enough do to validate the statement he made. It does not need to be true 100% of the time to be a true statement. I expected that many in this forum would argue for moral equivalency and they did but, I had not considered how deeply ingrained this teaching of "judge not" dismisses the clear condemnation of works, teachings, and practices identified by our Lord in Revelation 2 & 3. And it is ironic that those who hold that belief of "judge not" in practice judge a lot.. a whole bunch actually.

So, that's the discussion, it is not a straw man and even if I were so inclined there is no need for one. Instead, we will systematically review the various scenarios of Christianity using the public record and make our own conclusions.

Thanks
Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote