View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #35
Ohio

Default Nullification of the function of the body members

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Currently, my answer tends toward John 7:13: "But no one would say anything publicly about him for fear of the Jews", and John 12:42: "Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him... but... they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Here is a good example of the "nullification of the function of the body members", from a post in the 'Psalms' thread where I asked how a teaching which ignored Jesus Christ in the Psalms could get unquestioningly received by so many intelligent Christian believers.
Fascinating connection between the Sanhedrin's use of fear to silence the gospel and Lee's use of fear to silence his critics. Both were very effective ... for a season.

The proper "functioning of the members" in the Recovery has basically been redefined as their ability to publicly repeat the teachings of Lee. Going back to the Bible directly, without the use of Lee as an intermediary, has been called a "tactic of the enemy." Fear has been installed into the members ... and periodically "refreshed" via quarantines ... that no teaching apart from Lee is at all safe for LC consumption. Any thoughts to the contrary are quickly dismissed as images of Moses' curse on Ham and Meriam's leprosy spring to mind, thus preventing even the notion that Lee might be off in some area.

One of life's greatest aberrations is the belief in the Recovery that the only true functioning members of the body of Christ are the ones proficiently repeating the teachings of Lee.