View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #115
Drake

Default Re: Wait, It's A Cult?

ZNP "This may not have been your intent but it is how it comes across. Now you say that you care greatly for those who come to this forum, but when I read posts like this I don't see it. I see mocking, insults and put downs."

ZNP,

I'm glad you put it like that. I will clarify.

I did not actually say that I care greatly for those who come to this forum. I said I care about those who come here dazed, confused, and hurting. Just to be clear, the dozen or so first string players here are anything but dazed, confused, and hurting. Whatever hurting they went through decades ago, they are long over the hurting now. The hurting turned into something negative and destructive. Nevertheless, if I hear or detect that anyone is hurting and going through something I will reach out because I really do care about every person here.

Yet caring does not equal sitting silent while members slander other believers. Caring does not mean their mocking and derision go unchecked. Caring is challenging mischaracterizations, lack of due diligence, and scripturally unsubstantiated conclusions and misguided teachings. It is a strange irony that the forum is largely represented by members who have become the very thing they wanted to expose and warn others about.

My care for them is to call that out when I see it.

In context, you are responding to my posts to leastofthese so I will clarify that. He is not hurting. His brief experience in the local churches is not coming from the place of hurt. He, in just a mere one month, went from seeking clarification to resident crusader for justice. Good for him. He is a ready soldier who volunteered to fight the good fight.... so I challenged him to do it and not fall into the pattern of personal destruction, irrelevant arguments, and put a reasoned compelling argument together such as you will find from Evangelical. Perhaps he could have brought some fresh light but so far nothing but the same old song. Its a dark song. That is my care for him though it is doubtful he, you, or others interpret it that way.

Hope that helps.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote