View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Ohio

Default Re: Christ Versus Religion 50 Years Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
But Christianity is religion. Not just a religion.

So the fight is really against hypocrisy.
Against veiling evil and unrighteousness with the cloak of religion. Against wielding the book of the God of love as if it is a battle axe.
Having the Recovery as our backdrop, I don't think we can stress this point enough.

The Lord Jesus did not condemn the entire Jewish religion when He ministered on earth. What Jesus did condemn was the hypocrisy of their leaders. Numerous cases exist throughout the gospels, where He upheld the Jewish religion, and even honored it. The Lord's rebukes to the Jewish leaders centered on their hypocrisy, including their traditions which made His commandments void.

WL's book Christ vs. Religion confused this issue, creating a much larger "enemy" in the name of religion, than merely the hypocrisy condemned by the Lord. By transposing the words "hypocrisy" and "religion," WL successfully included all believers. All Christians were thus categorized with the hypocrites. The book of James uses this word "religion," which is another reason why James is so discredited in the LRC. I believe many LC'ers have been damaged by this confusion. So much so, that the LSM has a history of condoning their own hypocrisy, all the while condemning all other Christian churches, denominations, free gatherings, and ministries.

How totally self-serving their condemnation on religion has become.