View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #54
Cal

Default Re: From a concerned parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
You are so right but it's hard since I'm a pryer and curiosity is my bottom line. I'm also learning as fast as I can to hold forth the Christ I see......last night at a meeting, they were talking about maintaining oneness in the church, and I said this oneness has nothing to do with uniformity or conformity in our life on earth, and they gave an enthusiastic Amen! Oh well, I'm learning.
That's lipservice. They definitely expect conformity and uniformity. So how do you explain the hearty Amens? Here's the way the LCM mind works on this (I know this firsthand.) LCMers believe if they are following the Spirit then the Spirit will lead them all in the same way in just about everything. And they expect this leading will match how Witness Lee was. So if you don't conform they will eventually accuse you of not submitting to the Spirit. Now you may actually be following the Spirit more than any of them, but if you don't conform to Lee then as far as they are concerned you are in the flesh.

But they will swear up one side and down the other they are not for conformity. I'm sure many of them in their hearts wish this were true, but they also know in their hearts that when it comes down it in the LCM "following the Spirit" should result in conformity and uniformity. This is really what their "get the feeling of the Body" talk is all about. The "feeling of the Body" is nothing but peer pressure.

Here's an example: How all the elders dress, in bland out-of-date grays, blacks and dark blues. If any of those guys began wearing something colorful, the rest of them would think he was becoming "fleshly" and "soulish." They would immediately discount him and, if he kept it up, confront him about it. But they would turn around and say they are not for conformity. It's crazy double-mindedness.

That's how they operate. Don't be fooled.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote