View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
TLFisher

Default Re: My open apology--To those who have gone before

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisovercomer View Post
Saints,
It was only a few years ago that I even began to really ask--So what happened to those who walked away?

Something inside me kept saying, "But there must still be light in their spirit? God you did not toss them and they can't have tossed you God?" I hope in any of my prayers I did not judge your heart--I think I more wondered what could be so distasteful that you could give up the church life as I enjoyed it. I knew it was not perfect, but IMHO just like me, it was being perfected. So my question to God was--"Why couldn't they have been more patient? Lord take away whatever has blinded them."

I am thankful to the Lord that He told me to pray "bind on earth what is bound in heaven and loose on earth what is loosed in heaven. Lord not my will but your will". This was really a covering from the Lord so that my prayers were under His authority and not under my small understanding of you all.

Thank you Lord that your blood washes and cleanses me clean.

Hebrews 10:35 Do not cast away therefore your boldness, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance in order that, having done the will of God, you may obtain the promise.37 "For in yet a very little while the Coming One will come and will not delay. 38 But My righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, My soul does not delight in him.'' 39 But we are not of those who shrink back to ruin but of them who have faith to the gaining of the soul.

Praise you Lord Jesus!!! Thank you that you are the ascended Head of all things.
Amen!
For over 15 years I've been asking the same question of all those young people I knew from Young People's Conferences. They could not have all abandoned their faith. Time has tested, the young people I knew in my youth have not. many I knew are still pursuing the Lord, but not through the local churches.
The question about blindness should be rephrased as, what did ones who left see I did not see?
If we as members of the body loose ourselves of a small heart, there will be a realization that Christians meeting in the recovery is not the whole body, but a small portion of what comprises the Body of Christ. Through this, our understanding will not be so small.

Terry
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote