View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #92
ZoeGrace

Smile Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Thank you HERn...things have been going well actually. I have taken much of the advice from this forum and applied it to my situation. Becoming a prayer warrior like Igzy suggested has been a blessing. Colossians 4:2 really helped bring my life into focus. And Ephesians 6:10-18. Also, I chose to love and honor my husband as he is a gift from the Lord and a blessing in my life. My attitude has changed and I believe that our relationship is even better now. I stopped feeling guilty that I don't go to Recovery meetings and that was a major step in the right direction. It took the pressure off of myself and my husband. He seems to be at peace with my decision to not attend LC meetings and I am at peace that he chooses to attend. We have actually had discussions about Bible verses we are reading without arguments. I decided that I would listen to his testimonies, as that is what he really enjoys, without comment. I asked that he stop going on and on about the “evil” denominations and so far he has toned that down immensely. He sometimes will throw out some deliberate comments about my Christian and non-Christian friends, but I let it go because it really does not matter. I love them and that will never change. I have been trying to focus more on the things we both enjoy, like our love of music. The last several years he would only listen to ministry music and I am a CCM fan (even though some of it is not that substantial, but fun nonetheless!) He has been listening to the CCM music again with me and wants to start playing some of the songs together. To me, this is HUGE as Christian music has been in the same category as denominations! He especially has been touched by “Broken Together” by Casting Crowns. Common ground for new beginnings?? I know it is oft repeated, but, the Lord works in mysterious ways!

I think this forum is excellent. It is a positive and encouraging place for people with LC connections to find solace, companionship, and advice, even when opinions differ. I am very thankful I stumbled upon this site!
ZoeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote