View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #79
awareness

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Thanks Harold for your reasoned reply. There are few here who are able to do that anymore.

I understand your argument and as pertains to every man it is a valid point to make.

Yet, we cannot ignore institutions and their teachings and practices. The Lords call to overcomers is to overcome not only personal matters but institutional ones as well.... teachings, works, practices according to His valuation of them. Those are the calls of Revelation 2 & 3.

Drake
I know brother. I've attended many of the churches in this area. And gotten involved. And I'm astounded at the ignorance I encounter.

Because I bring up matters in the Bible I've stirred up much trouble, and been accused of feeding meat to milk drinkers ; that are gray-hairs with grown children, but still drinking milk.

It's pathetic, I tell ya. So I say, poor, poor, poor Christianity, but not to put them down, or consider them lower then me. I may know a lot, but I'm no walk in the park either.

But maybe you are, I don't know. Are you better because you are in the local church? are you better because you consider that you are an overcomer? I'm not saying. I don't know.

But wouldn't an overcomer have arms open to them? Wouldn't they not condemn them, but love them?

I don't agree with poor, poor, poor, local churcher's, but I love them, or try to.

For instance, I don't see any reason to not love you. You're in an institution, one that's way more controlling than most other Christian sects ... sort of like the JWs and Mormons ... but I don't see that as a reason not to love you.

Do you love them, the JWs and Mormons? I do. Go on the Trinity thread on AltVs, and see my story of calling my JW friend, to discuss his views on the trinity. I love the guy, and his family.

As Christians, specailly if an overcomer, isn't that what we should be doing?

But for sure we shouldn't be wagging our fingers at them, and condemning them for not being in our "superior" church.

So Lee saying poor, poor, poor, Christianity is not Christian, and doesn't indicate anything close to overcoming.

Do you agree or not? Not that you're obligated to say. Just wondering ... to perchance see if you are indeed an overcomer. I'm hoping you are. I do see evidence out here that you very well may be ... or on your way at least.

Maybe then, you could help me. I'm trying to overcome it all too. It ain't easy, brother.

". . . work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."