View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #13
Trapped

Default Re: Finally I decided to not join Full time training.

While the FTT in question here is not the FTTA, I do feel like I need to mention that the FTT itself (at least the FTTA, from which I assume most of the practices and rules of the other FTT's are derived) is very clear that not everyone should go (https://www.ftta.org/prospective-tra...ung-people.php)

I know there may be pressure from saints or elders or whoever, I understand and do not deny that that exists in some places. But the FTTA website, for example, is very clear that people should not go to "fix up" your spiritual life, or because your parents or serving ones want you to go, or because other people you want to hang out with are going.

It clearly states, without judgment, that the full-time training is not for everybody. To me, another way of saying "don't go just because your parents or serving ones want you to" is "if YOU don't want to go, don't go!", or "only go if you WANT to go!"

I say this never having gone myself and also having gone through the time of feeling pressured to go, and even having "consecrated" myself to go as a young person from the co-workers having the young people stand up and make a show of being committed to go (my memory fails me but I think it was possibly during a "young adults" time in the semi-annual trainings years ago). I felt bad for years that I didn't make good on my consecration until I realized that I didn't know at the time what I was consecrating myself to as an impressionable young person, and it wasn't the Lord asking me to consecrate myself.

I have plenty of issues with many of the things the training does (rules, regulations, atmosphere, curriculum of Nee/Lee only, I could say many things) and claims (producing normal functioning members, constituting with the truth). But just like any other institution, it can run how it wants to run, within the law, and the rules and regulations are admittedly very clear going in. Additionally, the doors are pretty wide open to attend short-term so you know what you are getting into, and doing so is encouraged, at least where I've been, even many states away from California.

If you don't want to go, or more importantly don't feel led of the Lord to go, don't go. And be at peace.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote