View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #344
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: What is the boundary of the Local Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Okay, suppose I'm in the lead in a local church and some Blended brother comes along and says our church has to start doing things differently.

So I ask him, "What are your credentials for giving me orders?"

And he replies, "I'm an Apostle." (Note: This could be Lee or Benson or Menuro or Titus Chu or anyone else.)

So I say, in light of Rev 2:2, "Prove it."
12“The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.”

1. with all perseverance — The “false apostles” were hirelings who cared nothing for the sheep— at the first sign of trouble they would quickly abandon the truth. We saw this repeatedly with WL. Max, Sister’s rebellion, JI, etc. Every time there was trouble WL was willing to throw anyone and everyone to the wolves.

2. Signs and wonders — the miracles were a testimony from God so that the church could conclude that Paul’s gospel was true.

3. Financial independence — Paul ends the section with “forgive me this wrong”. By the time false apostles, false brethren, and divisive brethren had finished with Paul his financial independence was turned into a scandal. How absurd is this? The false apostles make merchandise of the saints, so much so that not having a financial motive is made out to be “scandalous”!

Obviously the NT gives us the tools to "prove" who is and who is not an apostle.