View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #134
SavedbyGrace

Default Re: I love the local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedbyGrace View Post
I am not avoiding any issue and I do not carry any guilt about some brothers in some locality. As I said earlier, each local church is locally administered.
And, I do not understand about 'severe damage'. The worst thing that certain local churches in certain localities have been said to have done is quarantine people. How does it damage people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Well, imagine if you were a young, single brother. You got married in the LRC, your family and your wife's family are in the LRC. Your kids are raised in the LRC. Your friends and the ones you have known for 20 years are also in the LRC, meeting in different churches. Now you get "quarantined". Well if this is for sin or acts of the flesh you should repent and confess your sins and deal with them. But what if it is because you objected to PL abusing sisters while running the LSM. Are you supposed to apologize for that like the spineless elders in Anaheim did? So the damage is that they don't just say "you can't buy books from LSM anymore" that would be funny. No, they take your family and friends away from you. That is the cost you take for following your conscience.
I can't imagine my wife going against me, esp. when I am opposing someone who is involved in sin. Similarly, if any of my family members are quarantined for opposing a sinful person, I don't understand why I would stay behind in the local church.
But, I see where you are coming from. And, I accept that it would be painful.
SavedbyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote