View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 AM   #112
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Wait, It's A Cult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
"I agree with your point about not nursing past hurts and also about the same old song being played over and over again. However, there are those who are knew to the forum, there are those who show up confused, one foot out the door, not knowing what to do, and there are those concerned about a loved one's recent visit to the LRC. In those cases it is not hard to see who is hurting and it is not fair to characterize this as "same old song" as they are sharing their testimony for the first time."

Ok ZNP. But you said I did not show concern for those who came here who had been stumbled. I care greatly for the dazed, confused, the hurting who come to this forum. Who are you thinking of? Be glad to clear it up.

Drake
Let's take this quote of yours "Therefore, warning others is deeply embedded in the culture of this forum. In fact, it is its very mission. In practice, it is mostly self affirmation, a support group, between a dozen or so regulars. Therefore, why shouldn't those in the local churches be warned about online forums like this one? They would be remiss not to. The threads have new titles but it is the same old song. Grasping for something new to talk about even ol' Hank gets kicked to the curb. The intolerance is both sad and amusing but no light. "

Yes, the forum can be described as a support group. But this came across as condescending or even insulting. The expression "same old song" is clearly insulting to those who are trying to work through their issues. Then your comment that "the intolerance is both sad and amusing" portrays yourself as the Nelson, sitting in the back, pointing a finger and going "Ha, Ha!"

This may not have been your intent but it is how it comes across. Now you say that you care greatly for those who come to this forum, but when I read posts like this I don't see it. I see mocking, insults and put downs.

"Leastofthese, are you rolling on the floor yet? If not I promise to try harder." The tone on this seems mean. He is not a "regular", he hasn't been posting long enough to be "singing the same old song". The thread obviously indicates confusion. Why do you go on the attack?