View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:42 AM   #66
SteVee

Default Pray-Reading

@ Renee I'm jumping back several posts where you have spoken about reading the Bible with LR and she wanted to pray read.

"Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." John 14:23

When I personalize it, it becomes something like this ...
Lord Jesus, thank you for telling me that because I love You, I should show it by keeping Your Word fresh in my mind and living it out in the way I think and act; and when I do that God the Father will love me, and You and He will come to me and make Your home with me.

Outside of the LC, that is how I was taught to pray read, by personalizing things the Lord Jesus spoke to the disciples, adding "Amens" and "hallelujahs" where I genuinely feel it in my heart as I am impacted by the truth I am reading. There certainly is a need to be alone with the Lord through prayerfully thinking through His Word, and giving my full attention to Him, through reading, praying, pray reading, singing etc... He is more important and more lastingly real than my problems today in this fallen world.

Calling on the name of the Lord, as well as how to pray is demonstrated in the Scripture, particularly in the Psalms where David bears his heart to the Lord, tells Him how he feels about his troubles and then reminds himself of God's truth and blessings.

2 Samuel 7:18-29 prayer
Psalm 13 calling on the name of the Lord

You also made the comment that you felt the need to check Biblical references here on the forum. That is great! You need to be a Berean and see if these things are so (Acts 17:11) and IF they are true, passionately hold fast to them (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Lord Jesus, I humbly ask that LR doesn't discount her mother's loving guidance and protection. I also ask that LR doesn't follow the "majority" that she is exposed to and marginalize Your faithful work in her life through her mother. We call upon You, having faith that You are the only Savior. Amen.

Last edited by SteVee; 08-01-2016 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Correct syntax, add additional thought
SteVee is offline   Reply With Quote