View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:51 AM   #330
aron

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
LSM doesn't overtly communist Russia control what people read, but they have a deep and far-reaching effect on those who can't think for themselves, and there is a system built up to prevent and discourage anyone in it from thinking for themselves.
Oh but they do - my experience has been they do overtly control what people read. Just try to read something other than "the latest speaking" and wait 'till Anaheim hears.

I'll never forget the confused and discouraged look on the elder's face in my 'locality' after he had the temerity to try to hold a week-end conference for our church using one of WL's earlier books, which he felt was a gem and should be gone over again, and he received the reply, "Re-speak the latest conference".

He was still using the approved publisher, LSM, but tried to use the "wrong book"! He just stared at the floor, crestfallen. He'd followed Witness Lee for decades. Now some pipsqueeks in Anaheim were telling him what LSM materials he could read or not read in the church.

Had he done so quietly on the down low, he might've gotten away with it. But he tried to buy a bunch of copies of this book, invite members of neighbour local churches, etc, and the Blendeds got wind of his plans.

It's a soul-crushing system. And if someone asks "Who cares?", I reply that God cares. So I speak out.