View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:24 AM   #26
aron

Default Re: Trapped... Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsure
(yes, I'm still alive; not much has changed since I dropped outta here in August. Just took some time to reconsider my views, but still have not reached a conclusion in favour of the LC.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron
Unsure, either we live in a random and meaningless universe, or God has placed you there for a reason. If you are struggling with LC strictures, rest assured that many of your neighbours are also. God has promised that to the degree you care for and shepherd others, to that very degree He'll care for and shepherd you.

And one day, in the midst of your caring and shepherding and feeding others, a great door will open for you. A door that no one can shut.

I know it's a lot to tell a teenager to "be still and wait on God", but you can do it. One day at a time, He'll get you through this season. He is always in charge. "His mercy endures forever" and "He never sleeps nor slumbers". He will lead you on.
I had something else to add but didn't want to hijack Nell's thread on the Living Stream Ministry subsuming the local churches. So I brought my comments over here.

When one says, "wait on the Lord" that actually is, or should be, the opposite of fatalism or passivity. To "wait on the Lord" is a very active state, but it's primarily interior. Outwardly, we recognize that the signs to move are not present. But inwardly, our spirit is free. What I am saying is that if you remain active inwardly your spirit won't get eaten by the LC machine.

My practical advice is, read, read, read. It could be science, history, math, whatever. It is put there by God as a tool to sharpen your wits, and give you perspectives that might take lifetimes to attain. They're there, waiting; be an eager receptacle, and respond. Then you'll be preserved, and will have "food" for others nearby. Eventually at some point which you'll never be able to foretell (because God loves to surprise His children), a great door will open, and all your experiences will come pouring into this new outward environment. But it won't be wholly new, because all your previous work was preparation for that moment. At that point you'll truly sense the multifarious wisdom of God, and will exult and rejoice.

Believe me when I tell you that God is quite capable. Don't sell Him short. By faith you can exercise yourself in your present position, and in due season He'll bless that faith.