View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #118
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
ZNP,

I am much more simpleminded than you give me credit for.

I believe we must incorporate the whole revelation to understand and apply any part of it properly and effectively. For instance, I wouldn't preach the gospel by telling lost and wounded sinners the Lord is the One with the sharp two-edged sword coming out of His mouth. Neither would I tell Episcopalian clergy that set up this evil Beyonce worship that I "judge not lest I be judged" as a guy named Jesus taught. Wrong message for the wrong crowd. The wounded sinner should be presented with the Savior who gave His life as a ransom for many.... and the clergy that set up this evil Beyonce worship should be presented with the One whose eyes are a flame of fire, whose feet are burnished brass and the one with a two-edged sword proceeding out of His mouth. So my simple mind believes that the Lord conveys what He is, what He thinks, and what He wants us to do based on the context in which He said it to meet a particular situation. He is so wise!

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Drake
This may be true. But I would ask how did you respond when you read many of those on this forum examining Witness Lee, who claimed he was an apostle, and judging that he wasn't? I agree with Revelation that this examination is commendable, however, I think it is very easy while doing this examination to be carried away into setting yourself up as judge, which is not our place. To his own lord each servant will stand.

While in college I had an experience where I saw first hand that "vengeance is mine, I will repay". Since that day I defer to the Lord's judgement because I know that if it is called for I would never be as strict as the Lord.

Instead I see our role as a witness. Perhaps my testimony is a key witness for the defense or prosecution. But to my knowledge you are not an eyewitness to this whole Beyonce thing.