View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #123
Ohio

Default Re: The Psalms are the testimony of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I got over Bible worship long ago.
So then ... if I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, that makes me a Bible worshipper?

Methinks that maybe you should consider the other point I made, that some teachers can point out the flaws, and sow unbelief into our hearts. Others, like Comfort, can point out the same flaws and sow more faith in my heart.

An awful lot in life is not black-n-white facts. There is an agenda in action. This is all too evident in the news. They may all try to convince us that "these are just the facts," but their real goals are slanted in opposite directions.

I am thankful that you have not lost your faith in God, yet how can you know Him well without His word? Perhaps I am a little biased myself. I was incredibly saved all alone in my bedroom one night just by reading the paraphrased New Testament a friend had given me. Later on I learned that some "scholars" felt that paraphrased version was a "corruption" of the scriptures. Yet, that one encounter with God, via the "corrupted" translation, radically changed my life and my views about Him. No one could believe the dramatic change that occurred in me overnight, like one of those "before" and "after" photos of an extreme makeover.