View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #104
james73

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
This reminds me of Witness Lee's ignorant and blasphemous "treatment" of the Epistle of James. The garbage Lee spewed out here alone disqualifies him from being considered anything but a false teacher at best, and really more of a fraud who showed his ignorance and abject disdain for the living Word of God. He showed it in his "teachings" in the Psalms and he showed it even more with what he spoke about James.
Amen! Let's pray-read that post together: "Ignorant! Amen! Blasphemous! Amen! Ignorant and Blasphemous! AMEN!"

Although I don't think it was ignorant, it was exceedingly cunning. I think it didn't fit with the pyramid scheme - after all, James says to help the widows and the poor. There's no place in the "body" for charity like that.

The young ones in my group are very proud of this fact: "We are not for anything but building up of the body!" one said recently, eyes a-shining with Lee-ite rapture, criticizing my other church group for it's "Manna Ministry" which feeds poor elderly (and, I should add, has saved around 300 people in its two years of operation, as these elderly see how beautiful and full of grace are the Christian volunteers... but that's probably another issue.) I agree, church should not be a social welfare organization, but still.... the people in my group with the billion dollar property portfolios who go on about building up the body and yet shudder at the sight of a homeless man or mistrust a ex-drug addict with a tattoo, these are the products of Lee's teaching.
james73 is offline   Reply With Quote