View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #26
aron

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Who could possibly know the limits and extent of all that has been written about the coming Savior?
Evidently the "God's economy" and "processed and consummated Triune God" metrics allow one to do just that. One holds up scripture to the theory, and whatever scripture doesn't support it gets set aside as unprofitable.

And look what gets set aside. In Psalm 34, all the discourse on the ways of the righteous man is discarded as irrelevant. Who is righteous? asks Lee. Nobody. Then, suddenly, in verse 20, there is a righteous man! One whose bones are not broken. Can't be discarded because it's quoted in the N.T. So that is a revelation of Jesus. The impression one gets is of chopping up the scriptures up to fit the template, instead of vice versa.

Arguably, the burden of the Gospel of God is to tell us all about the One Righteous Man; and Jesus the Nazarene is clearly that Man. We are all the wicked, but because of one righteous act the door has been opened for salvation for us all, through believing into this One. Now we must put our money where our proverbial mouth is and obey the Righteous One just as He obeyed the Father ("As the Father has sent Me, so also I send you", etc).

All of this seems rather wide open to me, in the Psalms, and it gets shut up just to satisfy the "God's economy" metric.