View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #5
LifeGoesOn

Default Re: Is the LC a cult? (A comparison of JW & TLR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
I didn't decide. It was decided for me, in my face. So there's no doubt : Lee's local church is a cult.
I had no idea that TLR was/is a cult when I left. All that I knew initially was it was spiritually dead and the Holy Spirit made it VERY CLEAR that my time there was up. So, I obeyed and left.

You know, it’s funny, because I didn’t find out just how much of a cult TLR is truly is until I found you guys on this message board. I had the impression while I was a member of TLR that surely the whole world was aware of the LC, but just not spiritually enlightened enough to join our elite club. After getting out, I’ve met a bunch of other believers and about 99% of them have never heard of TLR or WL for that matter.

I remember going to a weekend conference as a Young Person ® and going for walk with some other church kids who were taking hospitality at the same house as my family. A car pulled up to us and asked what we were up to. We told them that we were there for a church conference. We were then asked what church group we were a part of and one of the kids said, “We’re a cult. I’ll just leave it at that.” I remember thinking that was funny and odd at the same time. Decades later that statement would be proven to be correct.
John‬ 8:31-32‬
LifeGoesOn is offline   Reply With Quote