View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #91
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: The God-Men: An Inquiry into Witness Lee & the Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
ZNP, I think that's the point....as usual with Witness Lee his rant is not based in the Bible at all.

Lee, and now his followers, were always under the delusion that nobody was going to call him on absurd statements like this. Later on, Ron Kangas and other editors made sure things like this didn't make it into print....too bad this was back in the day when Lee had no care whatsoever for what made it into print. He figured that if some outsider said anything about it he would just sue them. Worked pretty well until they ran into a publisher and their insurer with the guts and $ to stand up to them.
I went to the book in question, but am unable to find the quote based on "Page 199", I need to know which Psalm the message was about to find it. The Psalms were very clearly talking about a blessing to those that blessed God's people and a curse to those that cursed them. So I think this quote is "tied" the Bible loosely and feel it is foolish to not actually see the context of this quote based on Psalms.

That said, I agree that this is a good "rant" by Witness Lee that can be proven to be false. But you can't nail him down without the context and without other quotes that prove "God's people" refers to "his movement" or to churches "on the ground".
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote