View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #74
ABrotherinFaith

Default Re: The God-Men: An Inquiry into Witness Lee & the Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
But now here comes the really thorny question. ... they will both have to stand before the Lord's judgement seat and answer for it.
ZNP,
I don't see how this becomes a really thorny question. Paul's answer is clear cut. Believers should not bring believers to court in front of unbelievers. Thorns begin sprouting when we bring in our objections, our hypotheticals, our special cases.

@ Cassidy
Yes, I use analogous examples to tamper the emotion and yet still address the underlying principles, hence the property line. I could have used a church property line for more relevance.

The problem is that the two are separate. The "analogous" example isn't analogous because it's not what Paul addressed, not his concern. The believers are his concern and as such they were clearly told not to take each other to court. Unbelievers can take each other to court all they want. AFAIK I believer can even take an unbeliever to court. Our point of reference is Paul addressing BELIEVERS v BELIEVERS.

I agree, both will stand before the judgment seat (I'll be there along with the rest of humanity) and answer for their actions.

Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated?

Most of the time, the answer is simple: because we're right and their not. Unfortunately...
ABrotherinFaith is offline   Reply With Quote