View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #28
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
The other thing I heard that I have been guilty of repeating is that the sisters are in the lead when there is a degraded situation. And I think I made reference to it elsewhere at some point that the thing I noticed was that however much of a position the brothers in the Local Churches held and exercised, I always touched something of more practical enjoyment and expression of Christ in the prayers and singing of the sisters in the meetings. In other words, to my perception, the so-called spiritual brothers were kind of playing at being little kings while the truly spiritual sisters exercised yet more patience and let them play.
Dear YP0534,

Interestingly, until this year, the main thing that gave me shelter when I came under accusation or condemnation due to my gender was the idea about the role of women in degraded situations. It was no small hurdle for this little lady to publish a book. If it had not been for the work of the Holy Spirit in many ways leading me down that path and the support of my husband, son, and another strongly encouraging and determined brother, I might not have made it over that hurdle. Considering my background and what I was accused of in the LC (leading a sisters rebellion) for daring to peep a little, the fact that the book exists is nothing short of a miracle.
Quote:
Of course, this is just my perception. The burdens and sufferings of the sisters clearly aren't worthy to be compared with the responsibility of wielding the power of a deputy authority. Yes. There is something upside down about that, isn't there?

I wanted to laugh when I read your satire here, but like all good satire (Jonathan’s Swift’s “Modest Proposal” to solve social ills by eating children for example), the situation behind the satire is too serious for laughter. It did, however, make the point quite well.

Quote:
(P.S. full disclosure - knowing what makes a good husband doesn't necessarily make you a good husband, unfortunately)
... but it certainly is a step in the right direction! Thanks for sharing as you have. It means a lot for brothers to speak up with care as you and some others such as aron and Terry have done.

Thankful Jane
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote