View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
Cal

Default Re: Andy Anderson on the "Overcomers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
I am assuming that if the thief's request had been granted the Lord would have not made the distinction because Paradise is not the Kingdom. Rather He would have affirmed the thief's dying request.

I am also assuming that the thief did not have ample opportunity to fulfill the majority of the qualifications and practices of the kingdom people defined by the Lord in Matthew Chapters 5-7.

If you think otherwise, be my guest.

Thanks for the dialogue.
The thief didn't ask to be in the kingdom. He asked to be remembered when the Lord came in his kingdom, i.e. returned from the dead as King. The Lord's answer is universally considered a positive affirmation of the thief's request, not a statement of "Well, you're not going to be in the kingdom, but..."

Lee's (your) kingdom overlay here is artificial and unfounded.

As to "the last farthing (penny) being paid," it's clear we can't "pay" for anything, which is why Christ had to pay it all. Matt 5:25 is saying that every sin must be paid for and you won't get out until it is, meaning if you don't have Christ you won't get out. It's speaking of seriousness of sin, not of the matter of reward.

Again Lee's "kingdom" template here is artificial.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote