View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #321
Ohio

Default Re: Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Down thru the years I've known big talkers ; those that can talk a good game but can't play it worth a darn.

Athanasius, Ben Blackwell, CS Lewis, Carl Mosser, Witness Lee, and a host of LCer's, talk theosis, deification, divinization, becoming God in life and nature but not in Godhead, but there's no evidence that any of them are or were anything but faulty humans.

Witness Lee for example had many many years to become God in life and nature but could still lie and cheat the saints out of money, put his unregenerate son in charge, castigate good brothers and sisters in the Lord, and condemn all other Christians. If that's what it means to be God in life and nature then I've been God pretty much all my sinful life.
Me too. Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Compare this to the Apostle Paul -- who still confessed to be the chief of sinners -- until the end.

And Jesus who called Himself "Son of Man" rather than going about proclaiming Himself to be Son of God, God Himself, baby God, God in life and nature, etc. We know who He was thru His life and work.