View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #177
Evangelical

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
No. This is what it's about: Hankie played the LC. He took the money and ran. He could have joined First Baptist Dallas and the embarrassment to the LC would be the same. Maybe the LSM will file a lawsuit against Hankie to get their money back.

You can talk about the Eastern Orthodox, etc., all you want but you should do that on another thread. You've created yet another strawman.

Hankie beat the LSM at their own game and THAT's the topic.

Nell
Nell, read the title of this thread carefully. It's about Hank's conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy. My posts about Eastern Orthodoxy and views of church vs sect have been more on topic than yours because my posts are not about some imagined and invented embarrassment to the local churches. "Hankie beating the LSM at their own game" is your strawman and no evidence has been provided of this in the OP. This is not about the LC but about Hank rejecting evangelical Protestantism. This is more an embarrassment to evangelical Protestantism than to us.

Read the link in the OP again. This topic should be about the content of that link. It says nothing about the LC. You think it's about Hank playing the LC, and causing embarrassment to the LC.

Hank converted from evangelical Protestantism to Orthodox. He did not convert from LC to Orthodox. I don't recall him ever "converting" to us.

I quote from the article linked in the OP (emphasis mine):

Hanegraaff’s conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy should not be viewed as a mere isolated occurrence. There has been a definite trend for the past few decades of a growing number of American evangelical Protestants converting to either Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

Hanegraaff’s defection from evangelicalism after three decades as an influential evangelical teacher is likely to have damaging repercussions for years to come. Those of us who remain convinced evangelicals need to answer this and other challenges by speaking the truth in love.

Hanks' conversion is a challenge to evangelicals. It is not a challenge to the LC. This is about a three-decade evangelical teacher converting to Orthodoxy. It was not a three-decade LC member converting to Orthodoxy.

This is yet another example of members of this forum finding anything on the internet that could be perceived to be against the local churches, and creating a "mud pie" out of it to sling in the local churches direction.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote