View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #24
Raptor

Default Re: Eating & Drinking Jesus Daily - who emphasizes this besides the LC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” -- John 6.29(perhaps eat ) this section in John 6 carefully, you will see that our believing is our eating the word of God.
The Lord says in v. 35 “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me will never hunger, and whoever believes in Me will never thirst." Surely our initial coming and believing in the Lord is equated with eating Him and drinking Him. That initial believing does not negate that He still continues to be the bread of life and the water of life to His believers. Everyday we can come to Him again in faith to eat Him and drink Him, not as a repetition of our initial believing, but as a continuation of our enjoyment of Christ as the food and drink that He is.

Just like the children of Israel ate the slain lamb when they fled out of Egypt as a type of our initial believing, but then continually ate the manna everyday in the desert. So also we continue to eat Christ as the true manna everyday after believing. And although God sent them the manna, they still had to get up and gather it before a certain time of day. So we still have to put in some effort to go to this Wonderful One, open up to Him and "gather" Him as our daily manna to eat.

This is why the thought of eating and drinking Christ does not stop throughout the scriptures, i.e. "being nourished by the words of the faith, longing for the guileless milk, come to Me and drink, rivers of living water, given to drink one Spirit", all the way to Revelation, where we find the "eat of the tree of life, the hidden manna, drink freely from the water of life."
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote