Thread: Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
awareness

Default Re: Whistleblower: History of Sexual Abuse in the Local Church

Good post and quotes Nell.

I'm nervous to even bring this up.

Don Hardy was very close with Witness Lee and his family. In a long list of emails he tells goings-on that would pop your eyeballs out, of all kinds on sexual goings-on at the top level of the LC.

Years ago I got a copy of them and wanted to share them with exLCers I'm still friends with. So I put them up on my domain, thinking to send the specific link to my friends, and not the whole WWW.

But that darn Google Spider found the page, so that they showed up if anyone searched for Don Hardy. And lo and behold brother Hardy found them. I was told I had to take them down.

And I did right away. Why? Because of fear of lawsuits by the Lee corporate system, and legal department, aka Defense and Confirmation Project, Inc - DCP.

The practice of suing their critics works to shut down the ugly truth of what really goes on at the top levels of the LC.

The practice of covering up sexual abuse, like what we see with the pedophile priest in the RCC, to protect the image and reputation of the institution, happens also in the local church.

So sister Nell, the information you shared from Speaking the Truth in Love, by John Ingalls, who was also close with the top inner circle, has been covered up in the local church, just as Don Hardy's revelations of the inner goings-on is covered up. And, btw, Lily Hsu's book, "My Unforgettable Memories - Watchman Nee and Shanghai Local Church," that reveals the sexual infractions by Nee, is also hidden from those in the local church.

Maybe that's because they know, "the truth shall set you free." Like it did to the very close co-workers of Witness Lee, when Lee and Co. was covering up Philip Lee ... and btw, the cover up of Lee's other son, Timothy Lee. His sexual infractions, with married sisters, is hardly mentioned anywhere. Hardy tells of them, because he caught Tim with is wife - now ex-wife. And Witness knew of it for 9 years, and told Hardy's wife to keep it secret.

If you ask me, Lee brought Nee's ministry to America, and Lee's sons brought Nee's sexual practices to America. Even tho it was known to at least 2500 in Shanghai, when Nee confessed, Witness Lee covered that up too.

Some "Recovery" that is.

Thanks again Nell.

Harold