View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #203
Evangelical

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to The Eastern Orthodox Church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Does an exemption negate the rule? Did not the Lord Jesus pray all night before selecting the twelve, and one of them betrayed Him?

Do we have to discuss gays? Do you know how many LC gays are still in the closet?

Anyways, this conversation is going no where.
The difference is Jesus did not start a denomination to cater for the needs of Judas Iscariot. If Judas Iscariot had started his own denomination, I am sure it would not have been recognized as a church by Jesus and the disciples. Anyway, back on topic - Greek Orthodox church. What's up with that? Don't they know the bible says "there is no Jew or Greek". Hank has gone from being the "bible answer man" to the "church tradition answer man". The way things are going with gays and women priests in evangelical churches, I think I would join the Greek Orthodox too.

I don't think the Orthodox church even can be considered a true church by your standards of a church needing to preach the gospel:

"Many years of missionary work in Eastern Europe and Russia have led me to conclude that the gospel is not often proclaimed in the Orthodox Church. Church services are ritualistic exercises that focus on the icons and the sacraments," Dr. D. Trent Hyatt wrote in a chapter for Answers in Genesis' World Religions and Cults book series.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/bi...fe3aYOk4uZg.99
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote