View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #13
Boxjobox
Moderated Member

Default Re: I left the Local Church After Reading the Real Church History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I left after nearly 8 yrs in the LC. I was saved there and enjoyed the fellowship with the saints. But the exclusiveness of the LC caused me to be a minion,and I think it's time to say goodbye, for a greater good. Looking back I was living in a delusion. I was a proud Christian because we were taught we are the recovery, commissioned by the Lord, unlike rest of the group. When I met with Christians who aren't from the LC, I don't expect to have any fellowship with them, because they are a 'denomination'. I never read books from the leaders of Christianity, I only read material given by LSM, although many times I found the Life Study by Lee isn't helpful. When I say the church and the ministry, I never had a feeling of including all other churches which aren't of the LC, or I say the ministry I can only thought of LSM. That's the effect of the brainwashing that has been done to my head. Basically I'm locked in a tiny, restricted area.

When I read the church history from the non LSM perspective I'm so happy to quit. Because being in the LC is like living in North Korea, it's a system of error, it just should not be that way, it doesn't make sense, it feels like the Mormon system or JW system, it is controlling, hiding history, telling the lies, a division and a delusion. Sad when I try to talk to some of them their brain can't even reason properly. They say lee isn't all perfect but can't admit LSM make mistake. They can't accept and appreciate the good work done by other Christian group, seemingly only LSM is worth praising. Even worse, they're not open to alternate interpretations, they won't read books that aren't from LSM. The fact is those books by LSM don't make many sales on amazon, yet they think those are the best books on earth that worth reading.

Now I enjoy reading books by many different authors now, and learn how to interpret the bible, look at references and commentary by different authors. I no longer subscribe to the one ministry idea, the idea itself is stupid and cultish.
WL made such a big deal about the church not having a name; the church is simply “the” church which meets in the various cities. Yet he had no problem putting a name on “ the” ministry which we don’t find in the scriptures. So his ministry morphed into the ministry, the only legitimate ministry for the age.

I live in San Diego; if I go to the church in SD website, and look at their History page, there is no mention of LSM. If I go to their Belief page, there is nothing about believing LSM is the unique, all important, only God sanctioned ministry. Why can’t they be honest about their history and belief? Why hide from people this great age fulfilling “truth”? I was there when the “Elders” declared in a written statement their oneness with WL/LSM (that was, of course, after an elder, J Smith declaimed he could not in good conscience follow WL/LSM and walked away from the fiasco). Why is this not part of the church in SD history?

The poison to the LC is not the saints who object to WL/ LSM but LSM and the ones who perpetrate the cult scam business. Unless they can be honest and repent and return to the scripture, the LC will continue as a cult.
Boxjobox is offline   Reply With Quote