View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #20

Default Re: I had a dream. (Full)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking1 View Post
One thing that I was kind of hoping would happen on its own, but didn't, was that my testimony would generate some comments on dreams and their significance/insignificance.

Like I've already mentioned, I never been one to believe that dreams carry a lot of weight. Although, I know about the instances of Jacob, Joseph, and Daniel (et al?) in the bible. Within the past few years I have had some really weird dreams that don't fit the framework of my usual dreams I was wondering if anyone had some personal examples/instances/experiences they would like to share.

There are a ton of dream websites out there, I really don't trust any of them, and I have no desire to attempt to wade through the "muck". It seems like there's a substantial deposit of wisdom & understanding present on this forum, so I'd just like to put it out there and see what comes back.
Shortly after being baptized I had a dream/nightmare that I was being swarmed by demons and being dragged back. I was terrified and couldn't speak but ultimately was able to blurt out "Jesus is Lord". The demons left and I never had another nightmare from that day on.

I did have a dream in which a person was speaking to me from the podium in a great hall and said that Jesus "was the great Tekton". When I woke up I looked up the word, it is Greek and means builder. To my memory I had no previous knowledge of this word prior to that dream. The dream meant a lot to me, but I don't want to share the rest on this site.

I believe if a dream is repeated twice then you should pay attention. And yes, I believe I have had meaningful dreams. Also, in Ecclesiastes it says that dreams come from much labor. Which is another experience of dreams that I have had.