View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:18 AM   #71
Evangelical

Default Re: Christ or faith the Savior?

Jo S's teaching is misguided and wrong. So far they have claimed, corporate prayer is not allowed, cannot say the name of Jesus or same thing more than 3 times that is chanting= eastern religion, cannot sing or shout (what about worship?), short repetitious phrases not allowed, and be careful of doing that because you might get one of the many "other Jesus's" or "other spirits" if you do.

They wrote:
God is a person. Who in solemn communication between each other expresses thanks or requests help by the use of short repetitious phrases? What then makes you think God wants to be communicated to in such a strange manner?

When he demonstrated prayer in Matthew 6:9-13 and in John 17:20-23, it was not done in a repetitious manner. It was not sung nor was it shouted. Neither did he teach us that prayer should be preformed by crowds in unison.

In contradiction to the claims made, it is fairly easy to show from the bible various examples of corporate, short, and singing or shouting prayer:

Short prayer:

Acts 7:59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Loud prayer:

Acts 760 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Singing prayer:

Eph 5:19 Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,

Corporate prayer:

Acts 4:24 And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them, who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said by the Holy Spiri

Matt 18:19-20
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Acts 12:5
So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.

Acts 1:14 All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer,
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote