View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #10
Ohio

Default Re: My Confused Adulthood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxjobox View Post
I am one that got out of the LC in he mid-80’s. For the sake of general understanding, what exactly is the FTTA? Who runs it? Where is it held? What is the cost of attending? What materials are used? What is the expectation of outcome? What is the observed outcome from those who have attended-short term and long term.? What is the attachment of FTTA to the local assembly? What is a scriptural basis for having it? How is it sold to the LC assembly and the individual? And any other observations, insights, enlightenment that can be provided.
Full Time Training in Anaheim, which could also be the FTT is many other locations around the globe. Started in 1986 at FTT in Taipei under WL's direction during the "new way." LSM runs them all. Every semi-annual training has FTT promotionals. Local Churches support all the ones they send. Attendees should be college grads. 4 semester terms over 2 years. All materials are WL's. Young people are heavily recruited, producing a dual class structure of those who go and those who don't. Very much structured after the Mormons.

See what you missed?