View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #161
aron

Default Re: Christ is the Body, "the Body-Christ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB482 View Post
...what the Jews failed to realize in the prophetic writings about the Messiah was that they show two comings of Christ. After the Jews rejected Christ and collaborated with the Romans to crucify Him, all the Jewish promises concerning the earthly Messiah were suspended by God until in the future when they will say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. But in the interim after Christ's death and resurrection is the Church age. When Christ returns publicly with all the saints with Him at the end of the great tribulation He will save a Jewish remnant and then Christ will reign as King of Israel and all the promises to the Jewish Nation will be fulfilled. Does this make sense?
This is certainly the 'standard reading' and it isn't untrue, nor mutually exclusive of my reading. What I've been doing is stressing an aspect that's been helpful to me personally. But I think everyone's view has a chance to profit from others'.

Witness Lee would have had much more utility had he allowed other voices in the room. As it was his expository work, unbalanced, became a stumbling block to many.