Thread: mann-man's Blog
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #58
Ohio

Default Re: The Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
I doubt it's the middle, Ohio! LOL

Paul gives explicit instructions on how to handle it in a meeting. I'm neither for nor against for my own part but if you're going to do it different from the way the Bible says, that's the uphill battle to me.

Those who choose to ignore what Paul wrote because of their preferences and unsupported religious teachings they received are generally not acting in either wisdom or love for the rest if it's creating a problem. Ditto for those who make it an issue at all, though.

Mostly it's not easy to fellowship with someone about their tongues speaking, I've found. I never know what they're talking about.
By "down the middle" I heard that just about 50% of all evangelical Christians are Pentecostal. Not my stats, just what I heard.

When I read Paul, I see a neutral position. When others read Paul they only see the verses they like.

I told the pastor that I viewed tongues like celebrating days. In Gal 4.10-11, Paul says "you observe days, I am afraid of you, having labored in vain." Yet in Rom 14.4-8 says, "one man esteems one day above another, the other esteems all days alike. Let each be persuaded in his own mind. He that regards the day, let him regard it to the Lord."

I need some wisdom here. Believe it or not, verse wars have never (or rarely) worked for me. Both sides have built the wall, both sides are well entrenched with ammunition, and both sides like to keep the wall in place. I see the wall and look the other way. My wife sees the wall and runs.

We may be running a long time.