View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #44
awareness

Default Re: Scientists are Human Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
While Lee did a life study on James, Luther on the other hand did this:

Luther made an attempt to remove the books of Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from the canon (notably, he perceived them to go against certain Protestant doctrines such as sola gratia and sola fide), but this was not generally accepted among his followers.
Please excuse me for butting in. Excellent post, btw EvanG.

What WL taught wasn't ever a problem for me. I got The Vision from his teachings. What bothered me was, he didn't practice what he taught. And it was the, 'only apostle, oracle, MOTA thing' that got to me. And got me booted. Not his teachings.

As far as Luther removing Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from the canon, if Luther really wanted to go against the RCC he should have removed I & II Timothy, and Titus. Those are the books that provide scripture support for the catholic hierarchy. And Bible scholars today believe those books are pseudepigrapha.

Anyway, James never bothered me. In the LC I was doing works out the ying-yang. But I fully agree with Luther on Revelation. Get that crazy Christian version of sci-fi outta there.