View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #28
PriestlyScribe

Default Re: Psycholigical Damage in the LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundHim View Post
I have Christian friends who just have No idea what a group that is "abusive" causes to one's psyche. Yes, I will use that word! We forgot we had one, or were told not to use our "mind" - how many times ? ??????? We are body, soul and spirit - I still believe that. But the "soul" was such a no no, put it down, deny, deny, deny - who could Live that way?
I would say my previous comment on the exaggerated denying of the soul is a Big one. Someone could elaborate on that !
To Witness Lee's credit, once in the late 1990's he did at least admit to having allowed the "spirit" to become the all-important focus, resulting in a serious neglect of the believer's soul and it's need for proper care and shepherding. Here is that portion.

Shepherding the Correct Part of People's Tripartite being: <-- Click Here for audio
"Here I like to say a little word, we have learned from the past, we thought we should shepherd people's spirit. Right? Because we stress people's spirit so much, and then we tell people to reject the soul, and that, that is not so right. Today the saint's problem is with their soul. Of course you may say, if their spirit is strong there will be no problem! But how could their spirit be strong, when they have a lot of things in their soul? So we have to learn how to shepherd their soul, how to touch their soul."
[Witness Lee - ''The Training and the Practice of the Vital Groups'' - Pg77, Tape 9FVGT08 - Living Stream Ministry]

The document link above contains several audio clips that are worth hearing. It seems that back in 1943 [In Chefoo] there was a much clearer understanding of the need to shepherd the saints souls.

But to my registration, no leaders ever responded to Witness Lee's weak late nineties word of correction. The predominate focus on the spirit and the resulting soul neglect and abuse continued much as it had been before he ever spoke this warning.

You can find additional items regarding this problem at my site www.Shepherding.org

P.S.
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote