View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
aron

Default Re: How do you know the Lord's leading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
Hey, I found a word for you....Psalm 16 v11...Thou wilt show me the path of life; in Thy presence is fullness of joy, at Thy right hand are pleasures for evermore.
This applies to Jesus, not us. See Peter's speech on Pentacost. Jesus alone is the Christ. Only inasmuch as "we see Jesus" a la Hebrews 2:9 can we begin to appropriate this word for ourselves. In the LC's me-first subjectivism there's a risk of displacing Christ. And the proof is when we're at a crossroads: if we've been looking at ourselves we get confused. Subjectivism no longer guides, and we'll have to go to ministry drones for direction.

Jesus' personal subjective experience, because of his steadfast obedience to the Father's will, remained tethered to objective reality. The rest of us, because of sin, should never trust our feelings and emotional responses. We are too easily deceived!

"I come to do Thy will, oh God, in the scroll of the book it is written concerning me" (Psa 40:7,8; Heb 10:9). Only Jesus claims the "I" and the "me" here. See John 8:29 for confirmation: "And the one who sent me is with me--he has not deserted me. For I always do what pleases him."

Watchman Nee's ministry of subjectivist "enjoyment" is a ruse to put us under "Deputy Gods" who are not gods at all, but fellow sinners like ourselves. Don't buy the lie.