View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #20
Melo

Default Re: My experience as a church kid: Why I want out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't tell you what you should do. For me, I am here because God wants me here. I serve Him. If He wants me to go fellowship with another group saints, I'm very glad to pack my bags and go. I do not compromise what the Lord has shown me, but I pray earnestly that the Lord would open my heart to forgive and love the saints in the LC equally as I love the other members of the Body. My advise to you is to listen to the Lord. Allow Him to lead you. I was very fortunate with my parents, because they understood. Talk to your parents lovingly about how the Lord is leading you.
I appreciate your response; I'm so glad that you were able to find God's calling for you! I definitely know a lot of people who found themselves falling away from the church life in their college years. Some eventually come back stronger than ever, others don't. I'm worried I will be in the latter.

If I'm being honest, I don't know if my qualms are with the LC or religion itself. I don't know where God is leading me, often it feels like He isn't leading me at all. Not that I'm an atheist by any means, I think I'm just struggling with my own spirituality. I want to read the Bible and see a righteous, loving God. But other times I read it and see only anger, restriction, and jealousy -- a God that I want no part in.

I think my parents would take it better if I went to a different church. They definitely wouldn't be happy, but they couldn't really say anything about it since in Him there is only one church. But that of course depends on me regaining my enjoyment of the Lord.
Melo is offline   Reply With Quote