View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #56
aron

Default Re: In need of advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
I came here seeking knowledge
Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and everything else will be added to you. That's just the way it works. Your journey comes first, then your husbands'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
I can't let go of this idea that if I present my objective truth to my husband and relate it to his own experiences, then I can change his perspective. Isn't objectivity neutral...without positive or negative. Or does objective truth simply not exist?

Sorry to be so hard-headed.
The hard, cold objective truth is that your husband is in the grips of a deeply-rooted and highly-resistant pathological program. It has set up shop in his soul (psuche, person, consciousness, etc), and certainly doesn't want to go! Surely you can see that! Even without the reinforcing mechanisms of family and childhood friends, your husband is programmed to keep circling back to the only world he knows.

You can and will present him with an alternative reality, the one that you see "in Christ", but you will have to be patient. If you are frantic it will go slowly if at all. If you are patient and slow, and careful (the proverbial "wise as a serpent and guileless [gentle, innocent, pure] like a dove") God will move quickly. The choice is yours. You control the speed.

Peace and God bless.