View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #1662
awareness

Default Re: The Problem of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Yes, but the Lord said light overcomes darkness . . .
I know. The Lord couldn't help but believe that. 2000 yrs ago they didn't know anything about the universe, and didn't know that it's mostly darkness ... and that's why light stands out in it ... but does not overcome all the abundant darkness. Darkness overcomes the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNP
and not to be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good.
I wish we could. The PROBLEM of evil, is that good doesn't overcome it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNP
Our problem is we do not like to take the narrow way that leads to life, but opt for the broad way.
The topic is our problem with evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNP
You keep ignoring that choosing to know good and evil was our choice despite God's prohibition.
I made no such choice. We today made no such choice. We don't even know what the forbidden fruit tasted like. I would have told the serpent to screw off, and eaten from the tree of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNP
The entire process begins when people think they are wiser that God and that God is somehow trying to keep some of the best things from them.
Don't you mean He keeps His grand plan closely breasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNP
Remember, the justification for Hitler was not that he was going to be a monster, some people actually thought he had the best way for Germany to return to glory. Watching his experiment play out is very beneficial for all people going forward.
It doesn't seem to be beneficial for the Palestinians, being treated like Hitler treated the Jews.