View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #19
Ohio

Default Re: Definition of "The Lordīs Recovery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
The Recovery is a religious organization centered around the person and teachings of Witness Lee composed of a mixture of scriptural and enlightening teachings and practices about the christian faith, the purpose of human life and the overall meaning of the Bible, mixed with unscriptural and cultish teachings and practices that have the potential to cause severe spiritual, psychological, physical, and financial damage to its members.
Not sure what my own definition is yet, but I found this one more than interesting. At first I was reminded of James' words (Chap 3):
Quote:
But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. with it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?
It seems quite obvious that every curse issued from the LSM podiums has come true concerning them. They have been cursed with all the curses they spoke about others. Is not the Recovery, like Judaism of old, filled with unresolvable contradictions?

When I left the LC, and found this forum, a nagging question haunted me: "How could something so good become so bad?" Cursing others was a huge contributor. How they need the book of James!